Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group III | Mrs. Pushpalata Sarma

Mrs. Pushpalata Sarma
W/o Mr. Krishna Murali Sarma
Tahachal Bageecha,
Ward No. 13, P.B.No.3790,
Khatmandu, Nepal
Tel: 009771-4271356, 4271827

Mrs. Pushpalata Sarma (59), a housewife from Nepal, relates a few of her experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in her own words.

'I came to Prasanthi Nilayam in 1975. Earlier, my husband who was sceptical of the Divinity of Bhagavan went to Prasanthi Nilayam along with a cancer patient and returned as a devotee. We began to do bhajan in our house. I was suffering from depression. I underwent expensive treatment but all was in vain.

One night Bhagavan came in my dream. He materialized vibhuti and 'drenched' me in it, bathing me with vibhuti completely. After that I felt very happy. I was completely cured of my 17-year old ailment. Later, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam in 1975 with my husband. Swami called us for interview. He materialised vibhuti and gave us all. Then looking at me and beaming with a smile, He asked, 'how do you feel after vibhuti snanam?' I was stunned and overwhelmed with joy, and began to cry shedding tears un-abashedly. It was the same case with my husband also. I experienced the bliss and joy of shedding tears for God for the first time then.

We have visited Prasanthi Nilayam many times. Swami, out of His compassion and love, used to call us for interview every time. In 1995 we performed Satyanarayana pooja in our house in Nepal kindling 1,25,000 wicks as jyothis. We kept the picture of Satyanarayana Swami under the Photograph of Swami that was hanging on the wall in our private bhajan hall. We took photographs of pooja with all our family members.

Swami came in my dream that night and said, 'send that photograph to me. I will autograph it'. I told my husband about it. Though he did not appear to have believed, he agreed to take the photograph to Prasanthi Nilayam. During our next interview, Swami came to my husband and asked, 'where is the photograph?' and took it, and signed on it.

When Swami performed upanayanams to my sons Rajesh and Rupesh on December 7, 1985, I went inside carrying a tray with flowers and other pooja samagri. Swami remarked, 'of what use are those flowers that wither away after a while? Give me the flower of devotion of your heart'.

My husband's sister brought a silver bowl filled with cow ghee and wicks to give harati to Swami. When my husband told Swami about it, He remarked, 'do you want me to go away?' Harati is generally given in the end to mark conclusion of pooja. Swami was kind enough to allow us to give harati to Him in the end that day.

I used to worry about the marriage of our daughter, Rita. Swami told us, 'let her complete her graduation. I will take care of it. Don't worry'. After completion of her graduation, Swami appeared in my dream and took me to a playground. 'See your son-in-law', Swami told me showing a lad who looked like a handsome cine-hero.

Later, whenever I saw photographs of bridegrooms suggested by our relatives and well wishers, I used to say, 'not this one!'

One day, my brother who was a police officer brought a proposal. As I looked at the photograph of the bridegroom, I recognized him instantly as the one showed by Bhagavan in my dream. 'This is the one!' I cried in joy.

'You have fallen for his good looks and say 'this is the one', joked my husband.

Goaded by me, my husband went to the house of my would-be-son-in-law and was impressed very much on seeing their house and status. The only question was whether the match was within our reach or not. Owing to Swami's grace, the match was settled miraculously. When the bridegroom came to see the bride, he came to our house in his Ford car, the only one of its kind in Nepal at that time. 'We are devotees of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba', my husband told the bridegroom that day, 'you can gauge that from the photographs of Swami seen in the house all over. So we cannot allow non-vegetarian food, drinks, tobacco or any such things into our house even for the sake of our revered new son-in-law'. The bridegroom smiled and said, 'its ok with me and my people'. By the grace of Swami, the marriage was consummated excellently well.

In our private bhajan hall in our house, we keep several photographs of Swami. One night Swami appeared in my dream and said, 'your bhajan hall is very good. You have all photographs except one'.

'What is it, Swami?' I asked.

'The photograph of Sai Gita (Swami's pet elephant) is missing', Swami said.

We bought a photograph of Sai Gita during our next visit to Prasanthi Nilayam.

In November 2001, we came to Prasanthi Nilayam. On November 9, Swami called us for interview. He took my head in His hands, and blessed six times with His hand on my head. For my husband He did so three times.

I suffered from kidney stone in 2002. It was confirmed by the Super Specialties Hospital at Puttaparthi also. Surgery was indicated. I went for Darshan even though I had severe pain. I sat behind eight or nine persons. Swami, coming along Darshan line, saw me and accosted 'when are you leaving?' I said, 'November 11, Swami', I got up and moved forward towards Swami.

Swami materialized vibhuti and gave me. It was ice-cold and very heavy, looking cream coloured. I swallowed it and applied a little on the affected area. Next day we went to the hospital. They examined and said, 'no stone!' It simply disappeared and I was healed completely. It has not recurred since.'

-- Mrs. Pushpalata Sarma.

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 16.02.2005.)