Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group VI | Mrs. P. Jaya

Mrs. P. Jaya,
Flat No. 201,
Annapurna Prasanthi Apartments,
Prasanthi Nagaram, Uppal Ring Road Hyderabad - 500 049.

Tel: 040-3093 1916

      Mrs. P. Jaya, a housewife, relates a few of her experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in her own wards.

'I first heard of Bhagavan in the nineties through one of our relatives Mr. Vijaya Sankar.

In 2000, my son Aravind had stomach-ache. We took him to Hyderabad from Khammam. My husband, Mr. P. Subba Rao was then working at Khammam. At Hyderabad, my son underwent surgery. I put vibhuti on his forehead and sent him into the operation theatre. It was a major surgery. I sat outside the operation theatre writing Sri Sathya Sai likhita japam. Then I had a vision. Mr. Vijaya Sankar, the Sai devotee, was inside the theatre. He looked at me from the operation theatre and said 'your son's condition is excellent. Operation is over, successful.' In fact, Mr. Vijaya Sankar was not in the theatre at all. I took it as the words of Bhagavan talking through the form of Mr. Vijaya Sankar. Soon after I had this vision, word came from the operation theatre conveying the same message.

Usually, the patient is kept under observation in the ICU for three days. But my son was bought to the ward the same day. He recovered very fast owing to Swami's grace. Before we started at Khammam for Hyderabad, one small incident happened. We had no belief at that time in Vastu or any other things. Earlier one visitor to our house had remarked 'why did you put the steel almirah this side; it is not good.' But I did not care. When my son fell ill, I was affected by sentiment. I wanted to shift it to the place suggested. It is very heavy. I prayed to Swami and started moving it. I don't know how I did it, but I could move it to the right place before we left for Hyderabad. My husband and others could not believe that I had moved it single handed.

In 2003, someone presented me the book 'Bhadra Kalyanam' by Dr. Krishna Kumari. I read it from cover to cover. Soon after, my son Aravind's marriage was fixed with the girl he loved.

In 2005, I read Bhadra Kalyanam again. At that time I had an eye on a girl belonging to a family related to us and wanted to have her as the second daughter-in-law. After I read Bhadra Kalyanam again, the parents of that girl approached us and the alliance was settled.

The same year, I read Bhadra Kalyanam for the third time. My third son Vivek left for London for higher studies. It is written in the book that the reader of Bhadra Kalyanam would be blessed with darshan of Bhagavan in some form or other. I did not. At around 10 p.m., I switched on the T.V. and was changing the channels at random when suddenly I struck on some channel showing Bhagavan, delivering His Divine Discourse. I felt immensely happy.

My husband was due for promotion. I vowed that I would visit Swami if he got promotion in December 2005 which he had. So I went to Khammam and walked 5 kms to Sri Sathya Sai mandir and attended bhajan there as fulfilment of my pledge. Then we received an invitation from Mr. Sridhar, a colleague of my husband in the Bank to attend the thread marriage of his son at Puttaparthi. My sons said 'why go to Parthi now? Come to us at Bangalore. Swami is here.' Both of our sons are employed at Bangalore. But we came to Puttaparthi on February 19, 2006. Swami, we were told to our immense delight, came to Prasanthi Nilayam from Brindavan on the 18th itself! We had excellent darshan of Bhagavan and also attended the thread marriage. Swami thus arranged fulfilment of my pledge to go over to Prasanthi Nilayam for His darshan.'

-- Mrs. P. Jaya

   (As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 19.02.2006)