Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group I | Mrs. M.Nagaratnamma

Mrs. M.Nagaratnamma, W/o Mr. M.S. Murthy,
D.No. 3-807 / B / 1, Sai Krishna
Karnatanagepalli Road,
Puttaparthi - 515134

Mrs. M.Nagaratnamma (63), who retired as a teacher at Hyderabad, has been a resident of Prasanthi Nilayam for the last two and half years. She has been blessed with several miracles of which she relates a few in her own words.

'I had the good fortune to have Darshan of Bhagavan Sri Sri Sathya Sai Baba at the residence of Sri Burgula Ramakrishna Rao, former Governor of Kerala, in Hyderabad in 1963 twice. I bought a Photograph of Swami and kept it by the side of the Picture of my personal deity Lord Venkateswara, in the Pooja room to the chagrin of my husband who used to view Babas and Godmen skeptically at that time. However, he did not object to my keeping Swami's Photograph in the Pooja room.

In 1976, a little quantity of vibhuti, kumkum and amritam came from Swami's Photograph though I did not pray particularly for such miracles.

On November 7, 1976, my sister Mrs. A.Leelavathi was taken for a checkup as she was carrying. Doctors who examined her indicated the need for caesarian operation. We took a second opinion, and it confirmed the same. I prayed to Bhagavan. Fortunately, she gave birth to a girl child in a normal delivery due to Swami's grace.

In 1977, I had an intense urge to go to Tirumala, but my husband was not in a mood to oblige for financial reasons. One day he had a dream in which Lord Venkateswara appeared and soon turned into Sri Sathya Sai Baba who again turned into Venkateswara. This happened alternately a few times and the dream ended. Next morning he told me, 'we are going to Tirupati. No! Not a joke!' And we went to Tirupati and Tirumala happily.

In 1979, I had a boil on my finger. The Doctor who examined it said that a surgery was necessary. I began praying to Swami. Next day I went prepared to undergo surgery, but the Doctor who again examined my finger remarked, 'surprisingly it has healed well. There is no need for surgery. God is great'. I knew who that God is. Who, but our Swami! Because, two years back, Sri Sathya Sai Baba appeared in my dream and told me, 'I am your father and mother and everything for you. Hereafter you call me Sai Matha! Do you understand?'

In 1987, my health deteriorated. Several ailments such as B.P., pains in the joints, heart enlargement, etc, surfaced. The Doctor warned that I must undergo surgery, and that if I delayed it might turn malignant (cancer). I began praying to Swami fervently. I did not undergo surgery for several reasons. But due to Swami's grace, neither my problem turned malignant, nor it did come in the way of my attending to daily chores.

On July 5, 1989, I came to know that my father had passed away. My sister and I left for Kakinada. As we were both ladies travelling alone in the train, I was afraid and started praying to Swami. Immediately, we experienced fine fragrance of jaji-flowers though nobody in the train was wearing or carrying those flowers. The fragrance followed us continuously till we reached our father's place safely, indicating the continued presence of Swami with us during the entire journey.

On November 4, 1989, I suffered a heart attack. At that time I was alone in the house. I could not raise my voice, nor call my neighbours for help. I prayed to Swami. Incredibly the stool, on which we normally keep Swami's vibhuti in a casket, moved on its own towards me. I could take a pinch of vibhuti and swallowed. A few seconds later, I fell asleep and could wake up only around 5 p.m. By that time, I recovered my strength and could even cook food and attend to my normal household duties, thanks to the new life breathed into me by Bhagavan.

On August 8, 1990, Shirdi Sai Baba appeared in my dream. I placed two roses on the feet of Sai and paid respects. Soon after, unexpectedly, we went to Shirdi along with Sri Pemmaraju Subba Rao, our Hindi teacher and spiritual preceptor, even though I was not, in fact, in a condition fit for a long journey for health reasons.

On December 10, 1990, I was indisposed with B.P., general weakness, palpitation and bodily pains. My husband told me to go to a Doctor.

'Not necessary', I replied. 'In case I need medical help, Swami will send a Doctor'.

My husband was furious. 'Put the lamp in a gale and ask the Lord to protect it. This is your style', he commented in disgust. Then all of a sudden we had visitors. Sri Pemmaraju Subba Rao, our spiritual preceptor, brought another person.

'This is Dr. Radha Krishna' Sri Subba Rao introduced him. 'He came to me. Somehow I felt I should bring him here'.

I looked at the Doctor in surprise. Six months back Swami had shown this very person to me in my dream.

On April 30, 1992, vibhuti formed clearly on the Photograph of Swami at the house of my sister Mrs. Suryakala in Kakinada as the Number 4341. Four or five other persons also came and saw the number. We could not make any sense out of it. But the next day when the hall ticket of my sister's son Srinivas for attending B.Com degree examination came with the number 4341, we could grasp the significance. When the results came later, his result was withheld. All of us were anxious and concerned. But, finally, he was declared passed.

On July 30, 1992, we lit a few agarbattis (incense sticks) before the Photograph of Swami. The ash that fell from those agarbattis formed clearly in four letters LOVE. We were reminded of Swami's song 'Love is My Form'.

The prints of Swami's feet - one small and one large - appeared after Bhajan in our house on a sari spread before Swami's Photograph on July 23, 1992. Many people came and saw the footprints.

On October 18, 1992, a garland of flowers was put on Swami's Photograph. The next day, we found that it became lengthier and lengthier, finally reaching up to 27'.

On November 4, 1992 four students belonging to Classes VIII and IX came to our Pooja room and took a little vibhuti from the casket. Later they told us that they could go on using the same vibhuti for nearly a month as if it became akshayam (that which knows no depletion).

My husband and I went to Tiruvannamalai with Sri Pemmaraju Subba Rao on January 9, 1994. I wanted to do giripradakshina along the fourteen-kilometer long route. As my health was not good, Sri Subba Rao suggested that I could do it in an auto-rickshaw. I kept quiet. My husband and Sri Subba Rao preferred to remain in the room while I left with a few devotees to do giripradakshina.

Before I commenced the pradakshina, I prayed to Swami to give me strength when I saw Swami with Abhaya Hasta. I do not know how I could complete the trek, but complete I did on foot. Sri Subba Rao and my husband were worried about me, and took an auto and came searching for me. But by the time they returned to the room unable to find me on the way, I was already back in the room, due to Swami's grace. They also could do giripradakshina, though in an auto-rickshaw, against their wish.

On May 4, 1999, I was examined for blood sugar and was declared a diabetic. I had a problem on a finger of the right hand, indicating the need for surgery. While I was on the operation table, I saw Swami in the place of the surgeon. All my people thought that I might not survive this surgery. But, due to Swami's grace, I returned home in good condition after the surgery.

I heard some one mention that Swami was seen in the moon! I longed for such an experience. Swami blessed my husband and me with Darshan in the moon! We both also saw Swami standing with Abhaya Hasta in the evening sky beside the setting sun one day.

In June and July 2003, I saw Swami, in Swami's Photograph in our house, moving his lips, as if saying something, on a number of occasions. I saw Him move His eyelids also as if He, in the Photograph, had come alive!'

-- M. Nagaratnamma.

(As narrated to Mr. B.Parvatala Rao on March 30, 2004 at Prasanthi Nilayam)