Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group I | Mrs. Ch.Satyavati

Mrs. Ch.Satyavati
W/o Viswanadham
D.No.7-51, Madhurapuri Colony
Dilshukh Nagar, Hyderabad
Tel: 040-24061490

Mrs. Ch.Satyavati (55), a housewife and devotee of Bhagavan, relates some of her experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in her own words.

'Though I have been hearing about Sri Sathya Sai Baba for the last 30 years, I could not visit Prasanthi Nilayam for a long time. My husband was working at Siddipeta as a Lecturer. In 1976, we were making arrangements to perform Pooja as that day was the Vinayaka Chaviti. My husband was arranging Pooja material in the house while I was in the verandah with our three months old daughter. One cow and its calf came into the front yard. The cow released its dung, while the calf passed urine.

'Look!' I shouted at my husband, 'cow and calf have come in!' My husband indicated with his gestures that the Lord came in that form. When I turned my face from my husband to the cow, the cow and the calf disappeared. My husband also came out but they were not there. The gate was closed and bolted. How did the cattle come in and go out? He would have said it was my imagination had he not seen the cow dung and the wet portion where the calf had shed its urine, which were still there. That was how Swami came into our house.

Later, many miracles began to take place. Vibhuti used to come from Swami's Photograph. Butter used to come from Sri Krishna's Photograph; Kumkum from Sri Lakshmidevi's Photograph; Amritam from the Photographs of Sri Venkateswara, Shirdi Sai and Saraswatidevi.

On a Thursday, I had a dream that Swami asked us to shift to Hyderabad. 'How is it possible, Swami?' I asked, 'we have no job there'. 'Go to Hyderabad', Swami reiterated. The dream ended. My husband made enquiries for a job in Hyderabad by telephoning to some friends. On the very next Thursday, he received orders of posting at Hyderabad. We shifted to Hyderabad as indicated by Swami.

Once we spread a paper on which was smeared some turmeric. After Pooja, we noticed that there were two footprints in Kumkum of Bhagavan.

We used to conduct Narayanaseva on the third Sunday of every month. One day after Narayanaseva, we went to Prasanthi Nilayam. I sat in Darshan line in meditation. Suddenly I found a sari on my lap. 'From where did it come?' - was the question of the security people in the Mandir. Mrs. Shouri then sent word to say that the sari was, indeed, given by Swami. While doing Narayanaseva, I had indication that Swami had come there. Swami also sent word through Mrs.Shouri, 'tell her I attended Narayanaseva'.

On July 7, 2004, my friend and I attended the Bhajan at Vysya Choultry, Puttaparthi. We returned to our room. There was fine fragrance in the room. The room was warm. I was opening the windows when my friend said excitedly, 'Look! What is it that Swami gave you, Lakshmi's idol?' On one side there was kumkum and on the other was vibhuti. Then I saw the idol of Sri Lakshmi at the Photograph of Swami. It is very impressive. Many people came and saw it.'

-- Mrs. Ch.Satyavati.

(As narrated to Mr. B.Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 10.07.2004.)