Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group III | Mr. V. Venkata Reddy

Mr. V. Venkata Reddy
Mangalagiri Mandal
Guntur District

Mr. Veerabhadra Venkata Reddy (80), an agriculturist and a commission agent, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

‘I came to Prasanthi Nilayam for the first time in 1984 and had Darshan of Bhagavan. From that year onwards, I was coming twice a year to Prasanthi Nilayam for Dasara and also for Birthday of Swami.

On January 7, 1992, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam for a check up of my heart. The Super Specialties Hospital was inaugurated a few weeks before on November 22, 1991. I was asked by the doctors to come after 24 days.

I came to mandir on February 2, 1992 for Darshan and fell unconscious during bhajan. Sevadal took me to the General Hospital who told me, ‘you are too weak to undergo surgery. Take these medicines and come after six months’. I came again in July 1992. The doctors were postponing my admission by asking me to come after a week. When I came after a week, they used to tell me, ‘come after a week’. I went and sat in Darshan line. When Swami came, I prayed about admission. ‘Go’, He told me and gestured with His hand. I could not understand where I should go. Finally, I went to the Super Specialties Hospital that day. Dr. Padmanabha Rao who came from Hyderabad was on duty. He did not know me. He did not see my case-sheet. Yet, when he saw me, he said, ‘Hello Reddy! Are you joining (getting admitted into) the hospital?’ I was surprised.

He admitted me after conducting a few tests. Doctors were coming daily and were telling me ‘we will do operation ‘tomorrow’. Next day they used to tell me again, ‘tomorrow’. My wife told me ‘there is no use lingering here. They wont operate on persons who crossed 65’. I was 69. So, I wanted to get discharged from the hospital, and was waiting for doctors who would come on rounds.

Then a boy of five years came to me. I did not know the boy. I had not seen how he had come there. He was so tender that he could not utter words properly. ‘Grandpa! They will operate on you tomorrow’. He also said, ’13th Tuesday’. That day was Monday, the 12th October. ‘Dr. Venugopala Rao is coming from Delhi’, he added. I realized that he was Baba; I folded my hands in reverence. He went a few paces and disappeared. After this, I gave up the idea of asking for discharge. Doctors came and told me as before ‘tomorrow’. That night Dr. Venugopala Rao came from Delhi. He saw my case sheet. ‘Even if he is aged, he enjoys the grace of Swami’, he wrote and recommended for my operation. I underwent cardiac surgery on the 13th as the boy foretold. For two days there was no pain. On the third day, I had severe pain. I cried, ‘amma (mom), abba (dad)’. A nurse came to me, ‘cry Sai’ she told me. ‘Why cry amma and abba?’ she asked me, ‘your mom and dad won’t come to save you. Cry ‘Sai’ she said.

I began to cry in pain, ‘Sai’. I improved, and was discharged on the 9th day after surgery. I was very weak. Somehow, I went back to my village. We performed Sai Vratam in my house. All my children and grandchildren attended. During vratam, amritam began to emanate on the photograph of Bhagavan. One of my people touched it out of curiosity. Immediately it stopped to emanate. We conducted some narayanaseva.

I came for check up in July 1993. It was Gurupoornima time. I sat in the Darshan line. I was near the gate. Swami came to me and said, ‘operation success. Are you well now?’ He blessed me. Usually, I was told that those who underwent cardiac surgery had to use medicines for several years or even life-long. After Swami looked at me and blessed, I became perfectly normal. My feeling of weakness left me. I stopped taking all medicines. I have had no problem ever since.

In July 1994, I distributed my property among my children and shifted to Puttaparthi for good.

In 1996, Swami came to me when I was in Darshan line. I held my two palms together and said, ‘prasadam Swami!’ expectantly; Swami put His hand on mine, smiled and left. When His hand touched mine, a feeling that all my blood was boiling occurred. May be, by placing His hand in mine, He might have removed all negative forces from me.

In 1998, I sat in the Darshan line. When Bhagavan came to me, I held my palms together and prayed, ‘prasadam, Swami!’ This time also He did not give me vibhuti. But He kept His hand on mine when I felt, as on earlier occasion, as if my blood was boiling.

In January 1995, my son’s son, Nagarjuna Reddy was getting palpitation even if he had small exertion. He was sent to me. I took him to the General Hospital. He was referred to the SSSIHMS for check up. ‘It is a cardiac problem’, they told me, and ‘he needs surgery’. They asked us to come the next day. That day, we sat in Darshan line with a letter. Swami came to us. I gave the letter. He took it and looked at my grandson as if He was looking at someone in anger severely for a few moments, and left. Next day we went to the hospital for admission. They made tests and said, ‘he is perfectly normal’. The boy has no palpitation even when he does work for hours now. He has been completely cured of his cardiac ailment miraculously.

My wife, Mrs. Naga Bullemma had a stroke in 1998 and was paralyzed. We took her to the General Hospital where she was treated for a month. We also tried some native medicine. From the first day onwards, we were applying vibhuti externally and also giving her internally. She was completely healed.

In 2004, I had severe breathing trouble. My legs became cramped. I could not get up or walk. I began to pray to Bhagavan. One night, I had a dream. Swami appeared in the guise of one of my acquaintances. ‘Here are three bottles’, He told me in the dream, ‘one is water and the remaining two are krishi medicine for you. Take this medicine’. He gave me the bottles and the dream ended. Next morning I woke up. I did not feel cramps or breathing difficulty. I was completely cured by the medicine given by Swami in the dream.’

-- Mr. V. Venkata Reddy.

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 29.04.2005)