Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

sFeatures | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group I | Mr. S.S.Sharma

Mr. S.S.Sharma
Sri Sathya Sai Sadan
Bada Bazar
Shikohabad - 205 135
Firozabad District, U.P.
Tel: 05676-234805; Mobile: 94121-59772 / 94121-62662

Mr. S.S.Sharma (60) retired as Principal of a College. He relates, in his own words, how Bhagavan saved the life of his son.

'I had the good fortune of having the Darshan of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba for the first time at Tal Katora Garden, New Delhi, when He was there in 1972. I came to Puttaparthi for the first time in 1973. As the District President of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organization, I attended the second World Conference at Puttaparthi in 1975.

My son, Master Prajwal Sharma had an attack of high fever in 1999. He was six years old at that time. My wife Dr. Mrs. Mamata Misra, Ph.D. (Hindi Lecturer) was not a devotee of Sri Sathya Sai at that time. As the fever continued, he went into coma. We were very much worried about his condition and shifted him on emergency basis by car to the Medical College Hospital at Agra about 85 km away during the night. His condition grew more serious. He had blood vomiting in coma. His left leg was found to have been paralyzed, and without sensation. We reached the Hospital around 11 p.m. The Doctor who examined him commenced treatment, but was skeptical about the outcome.

As we sat watching him, my wife, though not a devotee of Bhagavan at that time, began praying to Swami intensely pleading to save his life. It was May 15, 1999. Around midnight, the boy who was till then in coma began muttering as if he was talking to his brother, 'brother, see, Shirdi Sai has come'.

'If Sai is here', his Mother told him, 'do pranam to Baba'. The boy was in coma. There was no hope that he would have been able to hear what his Mother had told him, and much less to understand and act accordingly. Yet he folded his hands, and brought both his palms together in a posture of doing namaskar.

For a few minutes, his lips were moving as if he was either talking to himself or doing Nama-japam, but nothing was audible to us. Somehow, we spent the night in a state of anxiety and worry.

Next morning, he opened his eyes regaining his consciousness.

'Have you seen Baba?' I asked my son.

My son said, 'no!' and moved his head horizontally to affirm it.

Doctors came at about 6 a.m. and examined the boy.

'He is perfectly ok', the Doctor said, 'how did it come about?' They were surprised at the fast and complete recovery of my son. It was strange that my wife, who was not a devotee of Bhagavan by that time, began praying to Bhagavan intensively pleading to save the life of our son. And Bhagavan responded promptly in His boundless love and compassion.

My son passed VII Class this year (1999). He has been coming for seva regularly since 2000. My wife and I are also coming for seva.'

-- Mr. S.S.Sharma

(As narrated to Mr. B.Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 07.06.2004.)