Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group VI | Mr. S. Bhaskara Rao

Mr. S. Bhaskara Rao,
Cashier, GRIDCO,
Telli Street, Berhampur - 760 001

Mobile: 094371-65875

      Mr. S. Bhaskara Rao (50), Cashier, GRIDCO, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'I came to Prasanthi Nilayam in 1978 for the first time. Swami gave me padanamaskar. I was having a small casket of vibhuit in my hand. When I bent to take padanamaskar, the casket fell down from my hand. Swami picked it up and said 'get up, Babu' and handed it over to me. He asked me 'are you studying?' I replied in the affirmative. Swami materialized vibhuti and gave me.

In 1982, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam for seva for the first time. We were blessed with padanamaskar.

In 1984, when I came for seva to Prasanthi Nilayam, we were given Prasanthi security training. Swami used to take a few classes Himself.

When I was working in Berhampur, my father, Mr. Pitambar Chowdary used to reside in our native place, Karajada near Palasa in Andhra Pradesh. One day, a person was sent to me from my native place. He brought the sad news that my father died at 5 a.m. that morning. My mother was with me at that time. So we all went to my native place. It was around 11 a.m. by the time we reached our house. There was a big crowd. My sisters and other relatives were weeping uncontrollably. I was not at hand to put tulasi water in his last moments. So I took some water and put Swami's vibhuti in it, and poured it in his mouth reciting Mrityunjaya-mantra and Sai Gayathri.

Though he had been dead for about six hours by then, a bubble-like sound came out from his mouth after I poured vibhuti teertham. There was then some movement in him. And within 5 minutes, he got up and sat. Many people ran away in fright. We were all amazed at his miraculous re-entry into life. Soon he recovered. There was no trace of any disease in him. After that he lived for ten more years. This was an extraordinary event to which we were all witness in the family. For several days, hundreds of people from neighbouring villages came just to see and pay regards to the person who had died, and came back to life.

In 1987, my daughter Himabindu was suffering from tonsils. A date was fixed for surgery. Just at that time she had to appear for entrance exam to Class I at Sri Sathya Sai Primary School, Prasanthi Nilayam. So we postponed surgery and brought her to Prasanthi Nilayam. She was selected. But she had to appear for a medical test before admission. I was afraid of her being rejected owing to her problem with tonsils and prayed to Swami intensely in my mind. During the medical test, the doctor found no trace of her problem with tonsils. She has never had any problem later, too!

In 1983, my second daughter Gayathri was born. Being very healthy and good looking, the local doctor used to take her to Baby Shows also. But, after six months, she began to suffer from motions. We used many medicines in vain. She was suffering like that for two years. Doctors could not diagnose the cause of her ill-health. We used to pray to Swami and give her vibhuti, but there was no improvement. One night I was so desperate on seeing her pitiable plight that I broke down and wept before the photograph of Swami. 'Why are you testing me like this, Swami?' I cried, 'and how long will you test me so?' That night Swami appeared in my dream and said 'the test is over today. She will be all right from tomorrow'. The very next day she became all right. No more motions!

In 1988, my third daughter Sai Prasanthi was born. In her 5th year, I took my family to Prasanthi Nilayam. I went that time for seva. As I was in seva, a thought crossed my mind 'how lucky we will be if we can get Swami performing her aksharabhyasam?' It was darshan time. My wife and daughters were on the ladies side. My daughter was playing at a distance. Swami paused during darshan, and called my daughter to come to Him. 'Go' He said, 'get a slate'. One sevadal ran and brought a new slate and slate-pencil. Swami wrote Aum (in Telugu) on it and gave it to my daughter, blessing her. Swami, the omniscient, thus answered my stray thought even, out of His love and compassion.

In 1990, my wife's health deteriorated. Doctors suspected TB. She used to have blood vomitings. I admitted her in the hospital. Even after 24 days of hospitalisation, blood vomitings continued and there was no improvement. One of the senior doctors there, Prof Sridhar Das, a devotee of Bhagavan, one day came to me. 'Why are you keeping her here, Mr. Bhaskar?' he asked me, 'take her home. Give her Swami's vibhuti and pray.' I was surprised when the doctor said so. I thought that Swami spoke through him, and took my wife home. I stopped all medication and gave her vibhuti teertham three times a day for three days. Blood vomitings ceased completely. There was no trace of TB. She has been healthy ever since owing to Swami's grace. All our family members have had innumerable experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan. What I have narrated here are only as illustration.'

-- Mr. S. Bhaskara Rao

   (As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 14.02.2006)