Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group III | Mr. P.S. Sarma

Mr. P.S. Sarma
3-69, SBH Colony
Venture-I, L.B. Nagar
Hyderabad - 500 074
Tel: 040-24038158

Mr. P.S. Sarma (67), retired senior official in the SBH, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'I think it was in the sixties that I had Darshan of Bhagavan for the first time at the residence of Sri Boorgula Ramakrishna Rao, and also in the Lata Talkies at Hyderabad.

When I was working at Yellandu, I went on a pilgrimage to Tirupati in November 1964. From there I came to Prasanthi Nilayam. It was my first visit to Prasanthi Nilayam. Swami called me for an interview, materialised vibhuti and gave it to me. I had Padanamaskar also.

I joined sevadal and came for seva during Dasara, may be in the seventies. I was posted near Poornachandra Auditorium. Swami came along sprinkling Kalasodakam of the Yajna. As I stood nearby, the sprinkling of holy water by Bhagavan drenched me.

'I am lucky. But what about my family members and co-devotees there?' I thought. On return, we had bhajan in our house. Two drops of honey came on the Photograph of Bhagavan. I mixed them in water and gave as teertham to all. Baba answered my prayer thus.

During 1982-83, I was coming by motorbike to Hyderabad from Warangal. I saw a lorry coming in the opposite direction going towards warangal. It was moving to its right gradually. I was trying to go to my left to steer clear of it. Then suddenly some one slapped me on my back. I heard a male voice also telling me, 'rush to your right'. Without thinking, I turned to my right side. I knew it would be wrong to go to the right side. Particularly, it was dangerous when a vehicle was coming in the opposite direction. I did not think of any of these things. I simply swerved to the right.

Then the lorry coming in the opposite direction moved on to its right as if the driver had lost control of the steering. It turned topsy-turvy, and fell into a ditch on the roadside traversing the road at the place where I was a few seconds back. Had I not swerved to my right, I would have been crushed to death by that lorry before it capsized. Swami saved me thus miraculously. When I reached home, my wife said, 'thank God! You have arrived in time. I was afraid you would be late as usual. Let us begin Sathya Sai Vratam. I have made everything ready. Today is Thursday'.

'You would thank God literally many times over', I thought, 'if you know what a miraculous escape I had from horrible death'. I did not tell her then anything then. Only after we finished Sai Vratam truly gratefully, I narrated to her what had happened.

Once I was involved in a problem in my office for no fault of mine. Owing to that, my promotion was kept in abeyance. I prayed to Bhagavan. In that connection, I met our D.G.M. once. He told me, 'I am convinced of your innocence and I will do what I can to help you. But I am not the final authority. Trust in Baba. He will help'.

True to his word, another senior officer came to our Bank. 'Why are you keeping the matter pending?' he asked his assistants about my file. 'He has suffered already much'. So saying, he released my promotion orders.'

-- Mr. P. S. Sarma.

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 28.02.2005.)