Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group III | Mr.P. Kameswara Rao

Mr. P. Kameswara Rao
Neradi – B
P.O. Gurandi - B – 532 456
Via: Bathili
Srikakulam District

Mr. P. Kameswara Rao (53), an agriculturist and a small businessman, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

‘I came to Prasanthi Nilayam for the first time in 1997. We went to Bangalore and thought of covering Puttaparthi in that trip.

‘Swami is not at Puttaprthi’, our people at Bangalore told us, ‘why go there unnecessarily?’

‘Even if Swami is not there’, I told them, ‘we will go to see His mandir at least’. So we came. Fortunately, Swami also returned to Prasanthi Nilayam the same day and we had good Darshan of Bhagavan for the first time. On return from Prasanthi Nilayam, we gave up non-vegetarian food. Till then we used to do bhajan every Saturday. We did not know any songs on Sri Satya Sai. We used to sing devotional songs on Lord Venkateswara, etc. Later on we learnt some songs on Sri Sathya Sai and began to sing them. We changed the bhajan from Saturday to Thursday. We also started Sri Sathya Sai bhajanmandali in our village and got it recognized in 2003.

My son appeared for the DSC exam, but failed, as he scored only ½ mark less than the pass mark. He appeared for the examination two times more, but failed in ½ mark margin. I asked him to recite Tapovanam as nityaparayana systematically. He did so. Then he appeared for the exam for the 4th time. When the results came, we were disappointed, as his number was not found in the newspapers. Then some one phoned us, ‘all backward class candidates are given grace marks. Your son also must have got them. There is another list for them. See it. We saw that list in the ITDA’. Our son was among those that had passed. We thanked Swami for the miraculous result.

Once we were celebrating Bhagavan’s Birthday in our village. We lit akhanda-jyothi. It was kept glowing day and night. On the second day, my wife went to Palasa to attend a function in our relative’s house. I stayed at home. Then to my chagrin, I found that the akhanda-jyothi suddenly had gone off. I thought if was a bad omen. I did not know what to do.

I began praying to Bhagavan. Then suddenly, after a while, the akhanda-jyothi got kindled on its own as if someone had lit it. I was surprised. Though I wanted to share the happy news with others, I did not tell anyone lest they should feel credulous, and ridicule me.

By next day, some people who had gone to Palasa with my wife returned. They said that my wife stayed back to spend a few days there. After two or three days, she returned. What she told me on return was incredible.

When she went to Palasa, she was in good health. There she fell suddenly ill. It was observed that she had died for all practical purposes. They wanted to inform me. They could not perform the celebration they wanted in their own house to attend which my wife had gone there. Then, after a few minutes, my wife regained her consciousness. Her life came back to her body. On exchange of information, we found that she had died there exactly when the akhanda-jyothi had gone off in our house. She regained life exactly when the akhanda-jyothi got rekindled on its own.

Both my sons were blessed with sons with a gap of a year and a half, in 2000 and 2002. Both our grandsons were born in Moola star. Many people told me that those born in Moola star would beget ruin to the family. ‘Swami can change the course of stars and planets’, I said, ‘I have no fear’. So we began doing Aumkar, Swami’s ashtottaranamas, and pooja as well as bhajan and namasmarana daily. So far nothing has happened to us by Swami’s grace.

Many times we have signals of Baba’s bliss; garland placed on Swami’s photograph suddenly cuts itself into two; flowers drop from the photograph of Bhagavan; and amrit comes out of the photograph.

In April 2005, I wanted to go to Prasanthi Nilayam for seva. But I had no money. Relying on His grace, I gave my name. A person took from me Rs. 500 four years ago. I lost hope of recovery. He came on his own and repaid it. Another person came and gave me Rs. 200 without my asking. Another gave Rs. 500, and some one else gave Rs. 100. All without my asking them even! Thus Swami brought me to Prasanthi Nilayam.

This morning (April 23, 2005), I went to see Kalpavriksham along with another devotee who also came for seva. There was no one when we went there. We did meditation for a while and got up to return. Suddenly, we found a person wearing a long gown like Bhagavan standing behind us and asked, ‘is this kalpavriksham?’ ‘Yes’, we said, ‘how did you come? We did not see you coming?’

‘I came from the top. I am here to do meditation for forty-five days’, he said. We were puzzled. As it was getting late for us for seva, we hurried to return. We walked down the hill for a while and looked behind. We did not notice him again.

We were on the top of the hill when we had a word with him. Which top he referred to? We thought Swami made His appearance in that form and blessed us.’

-- Mr. P. Kameswara Rao.

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 23.04.2005)