Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group IV | Mr. Nannaparaju Krishnam Raju

Mr. Nannaparaju Krishnam Raju,
Sri Sathya Sai Nivas,
II Cross, Gopuram Road
Puttaparthi - 515134

Mr. Nannaparaju Krishnam Raju (65), a retired Grade - I Telugu Pandit, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'I deem it a good fortune that I was born on the day of the first anniversary of Avatara prakatana of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba on October 20, 1941. During my childhood, I was carrying firewood from Madapur to Korutla, when a snake passed in between my feet but did not do me any harm. I always feel that God saved my life that day in His abundant compassion.

When I was working as a teacher at Atmakur in the seventies I was participating in Swadhyaya programmes. I was also following Gandhian principles. In those days, I was eager to find a guru for me when, one day, I happened to see the book 'Sathyam Sivam Sundaram' in Ramakrishna Sankirthana Mandali library at Vempeta where I was residing then. After going through that book, I developed a yearning to have darshan of Bhagavan.

I went to Prasanthi Nilayam on October 6, 1983. That day, there was heavy rain, and the buses were also cancelled. As we were at the Vempeta bus stand, a bus came as if sent by Swami. We reached Metpalli from Vempeta in that bus. When we came to Metpalli we were told that the bus from Metpalli to Hyderabad was cancelled. We halted at a friend's house and reached next day Secunderabad by bus. We got into Venkatadri Express. We were told that all trains were also cancelled and that Venkatadri was the last to leave Secunderabad that day. On October 8, we reached Prasanthi Nilayam safely owing to Swami's grace despite heavy rains. Same day I had darshan of Bhagavan for the first time.

On October 9, I had the good fortune to touch the Divine Lotus Feet of Bhagavan. We attended Vedapurusha Saptaha Jnaana Yajna also and Swami's Divine Discourse. On October 13, Swami gave me padanamaskar and also took a letter from me. In the letter, I wrote 'You are my Sadguru!' Thus ended happily my quest for Guru!

On October 16, 1983, I had the good fortune to touch the right foot of Bhagavan. We returned to Vempeta on October 17. On return to Vempeta, I was going on a cycle one day when a youngman of 25 years came on a two-wheeler and dashed against me. But owing to Swami's grace, I was unhurt.

In July 1985, my wife Mrs. Devendramma had an attack of severe stomach-ache. We used medicines, but there was no relief. I prayed to Swami and rubbed vibhuti on her stomach. Miraculously, my wife's stomach-ache disappeared.

I went to Prasanthi Nilayam in July 1986 praying to Bhagavan to give me upadesam! On Gurupoornima day, that is, on July 21, Swami, giving His Divine Discourse, said 'I don't want to give you Ashtakshari or Panchakshari mantra on this auspicious day. I only tell you, 'Devudunnadu (God exists)'. (In Telugu it is a five-letter word.) Only think of it all day'. I considered it as His upadesam to me, but I wanted confirmation that He had given me that mantra in response to my prayer. So I prayed to Him: 'If You give padanamaskar to me tomorrow before 5 p.m., I take it that You gave me upadesam in response to my prayer. Otherwise, I take it that You said it in the Discourse in a routine manner'. Next day Swami gave me padanamaskar before 5 p.m. and confirmed His having given me the upadesam.

In 1987, I was transferred to Kondapur. I came to Prasanthi Nilayam for seva on November 15, 1988. While I was cleaning the chariot, I had an injury on my hand which healed without any medicine, but only with vibhuti.

On October 26, 1990, I had a dream. Swami appeared and gave me padanamaskar, and then gave me two sweet puries. When I came for seva to Prasanthi Nilayam later in 1990, one devotee gave me two sweet puries which were exactly like those given me by Swami in the dream.

I went to Prasanthi Nilayam for seva in November 1990. I got seva near the place where Swami had laid the foundation stone for the SSSIHMS on November 22. I could have Swami's drashan also.

In 1991, we brought padukas from all samithis in Karimnagar district. Swami wore padukas of Metpalli samithi and placed both His hands on my head and blessed me. I could take padanamaskar also. I attended a group interview with Swami on the occasion on, September 16, 1991.

We went to Prasanthi Nilayam on January 10, 1995. I held the plan of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Mandir of Metpalli. Swami touched it and blessed and gave me padanamaskar.

In January 1996, I went for seva to Prasanthi Nilayam. On January 16, Swami gave me padanamaskar and blessed me by placing both His hands on my head.

On February 15, 1998, we were going to Sri Sathya Sai Youth Meet from Metpalli in a truck. We were in all 72. Suddenly a jeep came opposite to us. We assumed that the jeep was going to dash our truck and all prayed to Bhagavan. Owing to Swami's grace, the collision was avoided within inches and the jeep dashed against the bus that was coming behind our truck. Three persons died on the spot and nine were injured. We saw that ghastly scene and felt that had not Swami saved us, we would have been part of that horrible accident.

On August 6, 2000, we performed grama-seva at our place. That day amrit and vibhuti emanated from the photograph of Bhagavan. The entire area was experiencing severe drought. That night there was heavy rain to the relief of all.

In October 2001, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam with my family members and celebrated my shashtipurthi there.

It was proposed to construct Sri Sathya Sai Seva Mandir at Metpalli. A month before starting the work, vibhuti emanated heavily on the photograph of Bhagavan in our house. Amrit also emanated. One of the Samithi members Mr. Thakur Narendra Singh had a dream in which Swami appeared. Bhagavan showed him a hall in which some devotees were doing bhajan. Among them, Swami showed me to him and said, 'he will lay the foundation for the mandir'. Surprisingly, I was requested to lay the foundation. After I did it, Mr. Singh revealed his dream to me. On January 12, 2002, Swami appeared in a dream to a Doctor at Anankothur village and told him that 'the foundation will be laid for Sri Sathya Sai mandir at Metpalli day after tomorrow'. As foretold by Swami, it was done on January 14, 2002. The Doctor, later, told us about the dream.

I came to Prasanthi Nilayam in September 2002. Swami was sitting on His throne in the Mandir. Then He gave me darshan as Lord Siva. Sometime earlier, Swami gave me darshan as Krishna also.

We conducted deeksha karyakramam for 40 days through Metpalli Samithi when vibhuti emanated twice from the footrest of Swami placed in front of His throne. While I was at Metpalli, vibhuti emanated from my hands. I completely cleaned my hands, and still vibhuti emanated as a thick layer on my hands three times. Once I had vibhuti on my knees and hands also. I prayed to Bhagavan 'please stop this. It may increase my ego'. Thereafter it has not emanated on my hands. But vibhuti still emanates on Swami's photographs kept in my purse. I give a little of it to some people with illness who get healed.

When I was in Kondapur, an old purohit Mr. Y. Venkatramulu was bedridden. As the family lost hope of his survival, he was taken out of the bed and was placed on the floor. I went there, prayed to Swami and put a little vibhuti in his mouth. Miraculously, he recovered and regained his health. He later joined as a member of Sri Sathya Sai Bhajan mandali also. This incident created a big sensation in that area.

My second daughter, Mrs. Uma Rama Raju was suffering from severe stomach-ache. Doctors advised hysterectomy (removal of uterus). My daughter and her family went to Prasanthi Nilayam. Swami stopped before her in darshan line, materialized vibhuti and put it on her forehead, and poured some in her hand. She swallowed it. Same day, Swami did puttuventrukalu (cutting the hair the first time after birth) ceremony of her elder son, Sai Vadan. Next day Swami did Annaprasana for her second son, Sai Charan. My daughter's stomach-ache disappeared soon after she swallowed vibhuti. There has been no need for surgery or medicine till now.'

-- Mr. Nannaparaju Krishnam Raju.

(Taken from his book 'Naa Atmakatha - Sai Leelalu' June, 2003)