Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group III | Mr. N.V.R. Rajeswara Rao

Mr. N.V.R. Rajeswara Rao,
8-1-19, Trunk Road, Kavali - 524 201
Nellore District
Tel: 08626-241233

Mr. N.V.R. Rajeswara Rao (55), a private employee, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'My father-in-law, his family, my wife and I went on a tour of pilgrimage to Tirupati and other places in 1974. As my father-in-law was a devotee of Sri Sathya Sai Baba, he brought us all to Puttaparthi from Tirupati. At that time I was not interested in Baba. When we were alighting the bus in Puttaparthi bus-stand, Swami was going in His car. I saw Him, but others could not. My wife wanted to buy a small photograph of Baba but I declined to oblige her.

In 1976, I had a dream. In the dream Swami came to Tirupati. There was commotion that Swami was coming there. We were at the pushkarini.

'Will you help me to sprinkle water from pushkarini on my head?' Swami asked me. I went forward and caught hold of Swami. The ground below was slippery. Swami sprinkled water on His head and some on me also. Swami usually wears kaashaayam (saffron) colour robes. 'Why is He in white now?' I thought. Then Swami told me 'I am Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. Have no doubt about it'. From that day onwards I became a devotee of Bhagavan.

In 1996, my son, Panduranga Sai applied for a clerical vacancy in a Bank. All others got call letters for interview. My son did not. We were praying to Bhagavan. I went to the post office and enquired. They showed me all the letters they got, and allowed me to search. There was no letter for my son. Monday was the date of interview. On Sunday morning, the Postman brought the call letter and delivered. It was not there in Saturday post. How did it come on a Sunday? There will be no delivery on Sunday for ordinary post except for speed post. It was a miracle that my boy got a call letter in the last minute. He attended the interview on Monday and was selected. Swami's grace was such that he became an officer in just two years. It was very extraordinary - a miracle, indeed.

In 1980, all my relatives deserted me. My wife had a dream in which Swami appeared. Some apparition - the Saturn was sitting between my wife and me. Swami sprinkled akshatas on us and sent away the Saturn. Next morning we got a tenant for the portion in our house, which had been vacant. Thus Swami gave us the first taste of income after our relatives had deserted us.

My father gave me some land as my share in the property. Earlier, I thought that whatever income I got, I should give the first instalment to Swami. My wife said, 'half is enough'. That night she had a dream; Swami came to my house and asked my wife to give Him food. She served food. He ate and said, 'some more!' She served all the food available. He ate and said, 'some more'.

'I will get some from the neighbour', my wife said and got up. Swami disappeared, and the dream ended. Next day my wife agreed to give in full our income on land to Swami.

In 1998, we fixed the date of marriage of our son and went to Prasanthi Nilayam to give the wedding card to Swami and get His blessings. It was a Wednesday. Swami came to us but did not bless us. Earlier, I was thinking that it would be better if Swami blessed the card on Thursday. Swami blessed us on Thursday. He sprinkled akshatas on my son, and materialized vibhuti and gave him.

In 2000, we were about to go for nagarsankeethan in the early hours. It was slightly drizzling. So no one else came to join us in nagarsankeerthan. Then a person was coming up the stairs of our house. I started Aumkar. Then I looked at him. He was not coming for nagarsankeethan. He came for theft. My wife and I were alone in the house. He was having a long glass piece of about two to three inches wide with which he could stab anyone that resisted him. I shouted 'thief, thief'. He then looked up. There was a photograph of Swami on the stairs. He looked at it, put down the glass piece, bowed to Swami and left saying, 'continue your bhajan'. Swami saved us miraculously that day.'

-- Mr. N.V.R Rajeswara Rao

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 19.03.2005.)