Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group IV | Mr. K. S. Ahuja

Mr. K. S. Ahuja,
29, Prem Nagar,
Karnal - 132001,

Tel: 0184 - 2290029

Mr. K. S. Ahuja (69), who retired from the Haryana State Transport, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagawan in his own words.

'Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba came to Kurushetra in 1972. I was working at Karnal at that time. My senior officer told me 'you take off tomorrow, I will work in your place, and the day after tomorrow I wish to take off, and you can come for duty'. When I went home, my wife told me 'one Baba is coming to Kurushetra today. May I go as 3 or 4 other ladies are going together?' I thought it would be good to accompany them. Luckily, my superior officer's action in changing the day of my 'off' came in handy. We all went to Kurushetra and had darshan of Bhagawan. I felt some kind of transformation in me. Whenever any negative thought came thereafter, I used to think 'no, this is sin; I should not do so'.

Latter I began to attend bhajans and take interest in Sai activities. In 1975, I had an urge to go to Prasanthi Nilayam. I could not get reservation, but by Swami's grace, I got berth in the train. I was at Prasanthi Nilayam for Gurupoornima. I was here that time for 21 days doing seva and had daily darshan and a chance to take padanamaskar.

When I was at Prasanthi Nilayam, Swami went to Kodaicanal. I sent an application extending my leave and stayed until Swami returned. My people sent a telegram that my office had rejected my request to extend my leave. They called for my explanation for overstaying there. I prayed to Bhagavan mentally and stayed for the full period. Bhagavan returned after a week and called me for an Interview; in the interview room, He smiled at me and hugged me as if reassuring me. He asked me 'how is your family?' I prayed to Swami to give me sakti and bhakthi. Swami smiled and patted me on my cheek affectionately, materialized vibuthi and put it on my forehead.

One day during seva, I was not well. I came and sat for darshan in the sand, Swami came. I could not concentrate on darshan. But a devotee, who later became a state sevadal convener, told me 'Swami has been looking at you all the time'. After darshan was over, I fell down. Devotees around put vibuthi on my forehead, and a little in my mouth. I gradually recovered.

Next day Swami called me for Interview again. He told me 'wait', and began taking to others in the interview. Then He sent them all out and He, too, went out. Sevadal asked me also to go away, but I said, 'Swami called me in. He did not tell me to leave. So I will wait till He comes'. After some time, Swami came. He gave me vibuthi and permitted me to leave. On my return to duty, there was no problem with my office, owing to Swami's grace

After a few days, my son, Mr. Rakesh Kumar who was 8 or 9 years old was coming from his school by bus. After he got down from the bus near my home, he was struck by another bus and fell flat on the ground. The bus came over him and he was trapped under the bus. All those who were around thought he might have been hurt badly. No one ventured to pull him out. Even the bus driver and conductor did not do anything for fear of police harassment in case the boy collapsed in the process. Meanwhile, my wife got the information and pulled the boy out with the help of some bystanders. By Swami's grace, the boy escaped miraculously except some scratch here and there.

After sometime, Mr. Rakesh fell ill. He was having motions with blood and was hospitalized. Many tests were done and treatment was given with no any improvement. One day, the loss of blood due to blood motions was so much that he turned pale-blue. He was almost unconscious. Doctors said 'there is no hope and there is nothing more we can do for him. Pray to God, that's all'. We were all around his bed doing namasmarana. I put some vibuthi on his forehead, which Swami had given me during the second interview. After a few minutes, the boy said 'Sairam' loudly.

He regained his consciousness and told us, 'Mom and Dad! Swami cured me. He asked me to tell you not to cry for me'. Afterwards, blood transfusion was done. As there was no improvement, we shifted him to the Hospital of Rajkot Medical College. They gave the same treatment except that they used to give him cold milk. He became all right afterwards. I brought him to Prasanthi Nilayam; Swami blessed him. He was later married; and was also blessed with a son.

One day, I had a dream in which Swami appeared. I was seriously ill in the dream and was unconscious. Swami sprinkled water on me. I was given a jerk, but did not regain consciousness. Swami sprinkled water again. I regained consciousness. The dream ended. I told my family members that something bad was going to occur as the dream seemed ominous.

One day I went with my official flying squad on a surprise check and caught some ticket-less passengers. They refused to pay the fine; therefore, we wanted the bus to be taken to the police station. One of them got wild and slapped me. 'You are without ticket' I told him, 'you did not pay the fine. Now you slapped me, which is a much more serious offence. For all this, you have to pay'.

He did not like to be taken to the police station. So he tried to jump out of the front door. I sensed that he was going to do something like that. The bus was going at a good speed. If he jumped out, he was sure to get seriously injured. I wanted to prevent him from doing that, and save his life. So when he was jumping out, I tried to catch him. His sweater got hooked to something in the bus, and he was held in the bus. But as the door suddenly opened, I fell out because of the impact. As I fell out, I cried 'Sairam'; the bus stopped and I was shifted to a hospital. Everyone thought that I might not survive the fall. But, owing to Swami's grace, I escaped with only a fracture of my leg.

Subsequently, I was made the State Coordinator. I attended the 5th Sevadal Conference held at Prasanthi Nilayam; I had a desire to garland Swami. How could it be possible? I got a chance to read out the report of the Haryana State before Bhagavan. But, as my chance came, Swami went out. I tried to read the report very slowly so that Swami would return before I concluded. Suddenly Swami returned when I was still slowly reading the report. I had the chance to garland Swami, as the VIP who was to garland Swami was not readily available at that moment. I am a tall person of 5'10". Swami is considered to be of 5' height. I thought I would have to bend to garland Him. But when I went near Him to garland, He seemed too tall for me to garland Him. I had to rise myself on my toes, besides lifting my arm. How did He become so tall only for those few seconds? I could not imagine!

During the Conference, one cameraman clicked my photograph as I was reading the report of activities standing by the side of Bhagavan. I could get the photograph after a couple of years. I wanted to get it blessed by Bhagavan when I went to Prasanthi Nilayam next time. I sat in the darshan line with the photograph. But, in the last minute, I had second thoughts. So I did not show it to Bhagavan. I went back to Karnal without getting the photograph blessed.

In Karnal, many miracles were happening in the house of one Mr. G. L. Griyali, who had come from Jammu & Kashmir. I used to go there to witness the miracles. Many times vibuthi, chandanam, kunkumam, amritam, etc. used to emanate from the photograph of Bhagawan. I placed my photograph taken with Bhagvan there. Vibuthi appeared on the photograph as a token of Bhagavan's blessing. It did not stop there. When I removed all vibuthi from the photograph, I was wonderstruck to find words 'With Love BABA' written in Bhagavan's hand on the photograph!'

-- Mr. K. S. Ahuja

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 05.08.2005)