Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group IV | Mr. K. Prakasa Rao

Mr. K. Prakasa Rao,
Balinkipet Street,
Berhempur - 760 006,
Orissa State.

Mr. K. Prakasa Rao (48), banking collection agent for the UBI, relates his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'In 1989, my wife Mrs. Rama Devi was going round the temples during Dasara festival when she went into a mandir where a Sai-bhajan was going on. She was much impressed by its melody, and later began to attend bhajans. At that time, I was a non-believer in Bhagavan. I was also addicted to drinking and non-vegetarian food as well. Besides I was known to be rough and violent, being rude and quarrelsome. In short, I was a sort of a dada.

My wife was keen on visiting Prasanthi Nilayam along with Balavikas children who were then coming here. I asked her to go with them, and I left with a friend to visit Tirupati, Mysore, etc with a view to reaching Prasanthi Nilayam by the time my wife would be here. In fact, my intention in going to Prasanthi Nilayam was not really bona-fide. After coming to Prasanthi Nilayam, I was heckling devotees who were clamouring for the first line, or were happy at getting padanamaskar. When I got the first line, I came away just to show that I did not care at all.

One day I went to Kalpavriksham where I saw a sanyasi (mendicant). 'If a person repents his wrong doings' the sanyasi told me, 'Swami will definitely help the person to turn a new leaf in his life'. I began to ponder over that. I wrote a letter to Bhagavan in which I had confessed to all the sins I was a party to, and prayed to Him to help me to come to the right track. This was on December 31. January 1 was my birth day. 'If you are God and willing to help me, I should get the first line and you must take this letter from me. If you don't take the letter tomorrow, I will commit suicide', I prayed to Bhagavan in my mind silently with all seriousness at my command. On the New Year Day, I got the 24th line. I was disappointed. I sat with my letter in the back row. Swami came along the first line and went into the verandah. Then He suddenly came out, went towards the backside from behind the rows and was right in front of me. I stood up on my knees and held the letter. He looked seriously into my eyes and said 'Hoo'. He then took the letter and left. I was immensely happy. I thought that he granted me a rebirth, and the true birthday.

After my return from Prasanthi Nilayam, I was a changed man. I gave up drinks and non-vegetarian food, and stopped following the violent path. Many people did not believe me. Even those that believed were heckling me as a timid fellow. I did not care. I refused to be provoked. Fortunately persons like Mr. S. Appa Rao, Additional Superintendent of Police, who is an ardent devotee of Bhagavan, began to encourage me and support me. I consider him as my guru and mentor. Thanks to the grace of Bhagavan and the help of such good persons I could secure the job of banking collection agent. Today I own a house and lead a respectable and peaceful life in the society with some social standing and respect.

In 1990 I came for seva three times. In August, 1994 we were coming for seva to Prasanthi Nilayam. In those days we had to come to Secunderabad and then entrain for Dharmavaram to reach Puttaparthi. We got down at Secunderabad. There was a train on another track. Some were getting into that train on one side with a view to going on to the platform to board the train for Dharmavaram. This was mainly to avoid going over the bridge. My wife also got into that train. Before she could move onto the platform through it, it started. I was on the platform already. Being a super fast train, it picked up speed in no time. My wife was terrified and threw her suitcase on to the platform and jumped out of the running train crying loudly 'Sairam'. Due to the impact of the momentum of the running train, she was thrown away rolling on the track for nearly 15 to 20 feet. We all thought she was written off. We all ran towards her in anxiety but were amazed to find her getting up on her own. There was not even a scratch on her body despite the fall.

When we were in the darshan line in Prasanthi Nilayam, Swami came to her and said, 'what was the hurry? Why did you enter the train instead of going safely over the bridge? What would have happened to you, had I not saved you?'

-- Mr. K. Prakasa Rao

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 29.08.2005)