Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group VI | Mr. K. Nageswara Rao

Mr. K. Nageswara Rao,
198-A, Sector-1, Soviet Extension,
Ukku Nagar, Visakhapatnam - 530 032

Tel: 0891-2753778

Mr. K. Nageswara Rao, an employee of the Visakha Steel Plant, narrates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'My first visit to Prasanthi Nilayam was in 1996. Encouraged by some friends at Vizag, we came here during Dasara. We landed here during heavy rain and cyclone. Those that promised us help here pretended as if they had not seen us, turning their faces the other way. We were wide-awake all the night. Next morning, we had darshan of Bhagavan. That is the first time I saw Him. Frankly, I was not moved much at that time.

While trying to get our tickets reserved to Tirupati the next day, we ran into a couple from Tirupati. They took us to their place of stay and looked after us well. Our host was working in the SBI at Tirupati. My wife who was not well had a vow to go to Tirumala from Tirupati by walk. When we all reached Tirupati, we were taken to their house in Tirupati. After darshan at Tirumala, we returned to Visakhapatnam happily.

After my visit to Prasanthi Nilayam, I used to get dreams quite frequently in which Swami used to appear. With a view to taking classes for Balvikas children, I wanted to brush up my knowledge of Ramayana. I bought a copy of Mandaram by Vasu Das. That night Swami appeared in my dream with a cane. He whipped the cane in the air and asked me, like a teacher, to read Ramayana. I went through the book very fast by turning the pages in the dream.

After a few days, a quiz in Ramayana was held by Sri Sathya Sai Samithi. I appeared and cleared the paper in half-an-hour. As I had some urgent work, I told our convener 'I am going on some work. I will get first prize. You please receive it on my behalf.' I don't know what made me talk like that. The convener treated it as a joke since I was leaving within half-an-hour only, as all others were still writing the paper. I got the first prize - Ramayana Vahini by Bhagavan. This was in 1997.

The same year my wife had to be admitted in the hospital for surgery. But the surgery was postponed as her father had died. When she underwent surgery after a few days, Swami came into the operation theatre in the form of her father and did the surgery. That is what she told us after she regained consciousness. When blood was required, a number of volunteers came on their own and gave blood, which was enough and to spare.

In 1998, my son passed EAMCET, but could not get a seat in any Engineering College. We lost hope. Suddenly I felt an urge to go and attend the counselling again. I went there and asked the person on duty 'please give my boy the seat that is left out.' He looked at the computer and said 'yes, there is one at Parvathipuram. We will give that.' Then he asked me 'how could you tell that so correctly?' 'It is the grace of Sri Sathya Sai Baba' I said, 'I suddenly felt an urge to come here. By the by, is your name Mr. Satyanarayana Raju, by any chance?'

'It is!' he replied with surprise, 'you seem to be knowing everything!'

In 1998, I had a cardiac problem. Doctors prescribed some medicines and suggested by-pass surgery. At that time, one colleague who had come from Prasanthi Nilayam presented me with a small pair of padukalu. After that I had a dream in which lightening drew Swastic on both the padukalu. Earlier in 1991, I had had a dream that Swami came to my house when I made obeisance to Him. As soon as I woke up, my son told me that Swami's padukalu were being taken in a procession. We went out and paid our worshipful pranams. I then realized the significance of my dream.

In January 1999, we all went in a group to Prasanthi Nilayam. Swami called us for a group interview. In the course of the interview, He was walking among us when I cried 'hey Rama' loudly. I also prayed 'hey Rama! Please save my wife.' Swami turned to me and looked at me. Then I had a feeling that I was looking at Sri Rama who had an aspect of Krishna with flute. I was almost in a trance without being aware of what was happening - looking at the face of Swami, where I found namam etched with diamonds as in the case of Lord Venkateswara. Swami materialized a ring and put it on my finger Himself. He put His hand on my chest and rubbed. Then He tapped on my chest lightly when I regained normal body-consciousness only to find Bhagavan walking away.

In August 1999, my wife Mrs. Subbalakshmi Devi was not well. I heard her uttering something while in sleep. 'Take her to Sathyanarayana near Gurudwara - Baba' is what I could make out. I went to the Gurudwara and could locate Sri Sathyanarayana easily. He is an Anjaneya upasaka. I went to him with some fruits on Tuesday. 'Come on Saturday' he told me. I went on Saturday. He gave me two medallions with Lord Rama's image on those and said, 'these are what Puttaparthi Sai Baba gave me for you. Wear them - you and your wife.' My wife's health came to a manageable level soon after.

I placed a letter to Bhagavan at the altar in the house of one Mr. Srinivas who also works in the Visakha Steel Plant. He is called Vibhuti Srinivas. His wife is Mrs. Jhansi. Both are devotees of Bhagavan. Many miracles are happening in their house. In my letter I asked for a free seat in Engineering for my second son K.B.M.K. Raghupungaraya. Swami - as is wont in that house - gave a reply in writing 'he will get a free seat.' But he did not get at that time. I admitted him again for EAMCET coaching. Then, suddenly, some new Engineering Colleges were sanctioned. He was again called for counselling, and got a free seat in the college at Bobbili. Every one was amazed at the way Swami's assurance had come true.

In 2005, I had a dream in which one of my colleagues was pouring some thing. 'Give us also that' I asked him. He placed that vessel there and left. It was an earthen kooja (jug). I wondered seeing the intricate design on it. After that I saw cemetery where a funeral pyre was burning with golden hue. The dream ended. This was on June 7, 2005. When I told that colleague that he had come into my dream, he said 'I too had a bad dream, but I did not tell you. It related to your father. Forget it.' He had his dream on June, 6. I received information that my father had been hospitalized in Delhi, and went there. His condition was bad. I began to say Sai Gayathri in his ear continuously. He breathed his last on June 12. At the time of cremation, the purohit gave me a kooja filled with water as a part of the ceremony. When I examined it, it had an intricate design on it. It was the same kooja I had seen in my dream on June 7 at Visakhapatnam!

In 2005, I had a dream. Swami appeared in it and showed me all the ten incarnations one after the other in the dream.

I have made it a point to go to the neighbouring villages and conduct nagarsankeerthan and bhajan, and also speeches on Swami. This I have been doing regularly. Now the people from those villages come and tell me the miracles happening there. Vibhuti and amrit emanate from Swami's photograph in Vempalanagaram, for example. I feel grateful to Bhagavan for making me His instrument to propagate His message in those villages. He has now taken up the task of fortifying their faith by performing several miracles there.'

-- Mr. K. Nageswara Rao

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 29.01.2006)