Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group VII | Mr. Hisak D. Pandya

Mr. Hisak D. Pandya,
32, Trisha Bungalow,
Near Ganga Hall, Amin Marg,
Rajkot - 360 001, Gujarath.

Mobile: 94272-22281

      Mr. Hisak D. Pandya (33), Director of a private Ayurvedic Drug Manufacturing Company, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'My grandmother, Mrs. Pramila Ben Pandya told me about Bhagavan. I was a Balvikas student in 1979.

In 1980, my grandmother attended bhajan in some devotee's house. She took me with her. Next time also, she started to attend the bhajan, but missed her way to the devotee's house. I was with her. I told her that I would show the way. In fact, I, too, did not know. But Swami made me take her correctly to the devotee's house.

There they gave my grandmother a copy of the book 'Sathyam Sivam Sundaram'. My great grandfather had an aversion to the so called saints and sadhus because many were cheats. So my grandmother was afraid to take out the book and read it openly lest he should object. So she used to read it secretly in the night after going to bed. I used to sleep in her room. She used to tell me the contents of the book in small stories. There was a black and while photograph of Bhagavan in that book. Daily I used to do pranam to that photograph before going to bed.

In 1982, Swami came to Jamnagar. I was about 10 years old at that time. I was sitting near the path by which Swami was to pass. When He came near, I jumped over the barricade and held His hand. He blessed me and gently led me to go and sit in my place.

My great grandfather used to take me and my cousin-sister daily to a pond. There was a boat in it. The boatman used to take us for a shire on the boat while my great grandfather did his walking around the pond.

One day, I went straight the boat and got on it. I was not aware that it was not tied to the pole on the bank. So when I climbed over it, it moved a little into the water. When the boat moved, I lost my balance and fell down into water which was about 15 to 20 feet deep. Onlookers cried 'the kid is drowned.' My great grandfather came running. Next minute, I was lying on a bench on the bank of the pond. No one could say how I had come out of the water and landed on the bench.

'How did it happen?' they asked me.

'The Baba with big bushy hair in long gown from the grandma's book came, lifted me up in His hands and placed me on this bench. He pressed my belly gently and I vomited water. I have not seen where He had gone.'

I was taken to a doctor, who examined me and said 'he is ok'.

From then onwards, my great grandfather developed faith in Bhagavan. All our family members are now devotees of Bhagavan.

In 1990, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam for seva. It was my first visit here. I had darshan of Bhagavan. Swami gave us all prasadam and allowed us to take padanamaskar. Since then, I have been coming for seva regularly - usually twice a year.

In 1998, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam for seva. While returning I boarded a train for Navsari from Bombay. It was jam-packed. No place even to stand. I prayed to Swami and entered with utmost difficulty. One person was lying on the upper berth.

'Sai Ram' he said and asked someone sitting below to give me seat. I said 'Sai Ram' thankfully and sat. Afterwards he did not speak to me. I had not known him. I do not think he had known me.

I was keen to have my marriage performed at Prasanthi Nilayam. I came for seva. When Swami was giving padanamaskar, I asked Him about it.

'Bangalore' He said smiling, 'do what your family says. Let them be happy. I am with you.'

In 2004, we had some dispute about property. My father was a bit agitated over the issue. I was preparing to go for seva to Prasanthi Nilayam.

'Why don't you postpone your trip?' He asked me, 'we should settle this.'

I did not postpone. I left for seva. After my return, we had bhajan in our house. After bhajan, I took prasadam and went to the person with whom we had the dispute. That day the dispute was amicably settled in a single sitting of talks, owing to Swami's grace.

In 2005, I was returning from Gandal where we had our factory, to Rajkot by car. I was driving. My friend Mr. Manoj Bhat was with me in the car. He was a rationalist and an atheist, too. I came by the same route in the morning. I was going at 100 km per hour. I came to a bend. As I was taking the curve, there was a bus before me. I tried to overtake that when I suddenly noticed that the whole traffic coming in the opposite direction on the lane to my right was in our lane as the other lane, that is, the other half of the road was blocked for repairs. It was not so in the morning. There was no space even for a single person to pass between the bus I was overtaking and the truck, and other traffic coming in the opposite direction. I cried 'Sai Ram' and prepared for a head-on collision with the truck. Next moment, my car was safely moving ahead. It had overtaken the bus and was on the left side as the traffic coming in the opposite direction was moving on my right as if nothing had happened. My car must have literally been lifted up by an unseen force and placed safely on the road beyond the bus I had overtaken.

The rationalist in my car was stunned and said 'your Sai Baba saved us today.'

-- Mr. Hisak D. Pandya

    (As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 24.06.2006)