Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group III | Mr. E. Ammanna Sastry

Mr. E. Ammanna Sastry,
Retired Head Master, Z.P (Boys) High School,
Near Church, Bommala Street,
Tanuku, West Godavari District, A.P.

Mr. E. Ammanna Sastry (65), a retired Head Master, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

‘About four years ago, I was attending to the work of correspondence of the former M.P., Mr. Chittoori Subba Rao at Tanuku. On February 19, 2001, I returned to my house around 1:30 p.m. from the house of Mr. Subba Rao after completing the day’s work. I took meals and was relaxing before the T.V. As I was tired, I dozed a little while.

Around 2 p.m., I awoke when I felt that my upper jaw was being pulled up. I thought that it was due to nervous debility. On my suggestion, my wife telephoned to my son, Mr. Venkateswara Rao and got a multi-vitamin capsule. After I swallowed it, I had severe chest pain at about 2:20 p.m. I had pain in my left hand as if some one was piercing it with an iron bar. I began praying to Swami to take me into Him, as I was not in a position to withstand the pain. My son brought a doctor who gave me some injections and advised hospitalisation.

On receiving this information, the Vice-President of the local Club, Mr. Meher Prakash sent his car to shift me to the hospital and paid Rs.10, 000 as advance, as I had no money at that time with me. I was in the hospital for 20 days reciting ‘Sai Ram’. On February 25, I received a telegram of blessings from Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. It was issued at Prasanthi Nilayam on February 24. The telegram read: ‘All right. Blessings. Be peaceful – Baba’.

A few minutes before the arrival of the telegram I was sinking. I was unconscious for 20 hours. Doctors expressed the fear that I might not survive. My relatives and family members were all waiting under the trees outside in the premises of the hospital day and night fearing to hear the bad news any moment. Doctors lost all hopes. On February 26, that is, a day after the receipt of the telegram, I regained consciousness. I did not know what had happened earlier for the last 20 hours. When I regained consciousness, I saw the telegram and felt re-assured. I was reciting Sai Ram. Doctor came to examine me and asked, ‘how are you?’

‘When Swami has assured me that everything will be all right, what fear do I have? I am perfectly all right’, I replied.

Doctor told my family members that I was out of danger. I continued to be in the hospital.

On March 7, the Doctor told me, ‘you have to undergo surgery. You may have to pay Rs.70, 000 as advance’.

I had no money. I was praying to Bhagavan. My daughter, Mrs. Durga sent Rs. 60,000 from Delhi. My brother’s son sent Rs.60, 000 from the USA. My son-in-law, Dr. V.S. Sarma readied cash up to Rs. 1 lakh. They took me to Care Hospital at Hyderabad. I underwent angiogram and angioplasty on March 11. Owing to Swami’s grace, I was discharged later in healthy condition. I do not know how all the money needed for the expensive treatment came without any request from me. It was all His grace as clearly indicated by the telegram He had sent me.

On August 9, 2003, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam. I stayed for four days. On August 12, I had stomach ache. I took some medicine and entrained for my return journey. I had no sleep that night. I used sleeping pill. It was also of no use. At about 5 a.m. (early hours of August 13) I had a wink of sleep. In that sleep I had a dream. Two he-buffalos were seen charging at me from both sides. I was coming on a bicycle. I thought I would be crushed to pulp by the two he-buffalos. Then, miraculously I came out un-harmed. There was Swami smiling and showing Abhayahasta. I thought that it was a sign that Bhagavan was with me protecting.

I reached home, but was not well. Doctor came and examined me in the morning. They took me to the hospital to show me to a Cardiologist. But he was not available. I came back. I took some vibhuti, put a little on my forehead and rubbed some on my chest. ‘Swami! Why all this suffering?’ I prayed to Bhagavan, ‘take me into you’.

Then I realised that I was running from pillar to post for medical help and forgot to recite His name throughout the day. Then I began to recite Sai Ram incessantly. At about 3 a.m. (early hours of August 14), I dozed off. Finally, I improved only with Bhagavan’s vibhuti and His Holy Name miraculously, and without any medicine. The same day I telephoned to my daughter and told her how Swami’s vibhuti and ‘Sai Ram’ had saved me.’

-- Mr.E. Ammanna Sastry

(As narrated in a letter to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao from Mr. Sastry, received on 13.04.2005.)