Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group VII | Mr. C. Satya Prakash

Mr. C. Satya Prakash,
7, Sai Lakshmi Rukmini Estate,
Tirumala Enclave,
Old Alwal, Secunderabad - 500 010.

Tel: 040-2786 5505

      Mr. C. Satya Prakash (56), who voluntarily retired from the SBI, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'My father, Mr. Gunneswara Rao used to bring many books of spiritual import. Among them were some books on Sri Sathya Sai Baba also. That is how I first came to know of Bhagavan. But, at that time, I did not show much interest.

In 1985, we went to Tirupati. After darshan, we came to Prasanthi Nilayam. We were given accommodation in a shed. We felt it very inconvenient there. We tried to sleep on verandahs of some buildings in the mandir but sevadal did not allow us to do so. Then a stranger came to me and showed the spacious outer platform of the Poornachandra Auditorium. 'You sleep here quietly' he told me, 'but you have to vacate in the early hours before Nagarasankeerthana commences.' We all went there and slept well. Strangely no one disturbed us. I presumed that Bhagavan Himself had arranged it coming in the guise of a stranger.

Next morning I sat for darshan. Bhagavan came directly to me and stood before me. I was in the first row. I did not know that we could take padanamaskar if Bhagavan stood in front of us. I only saluted in my mind.

I was not happy with the way accommodation was given. But after getting good darshan, my feelings were assuaged to some extent. While wandering in the mandir, I came to the board 'Thought for the Day'. 'Don't feel disappointed with what you got….' was the saying of Swami written there. I thought it would apply to me aptly.

In 2001, I began to feel numbness of eyes. While examining the eyes, the doctor repeatedly asked me if there was pain. 'There is no pain' I replied. He made some tests. Later, he told my brother-in-law that I was suffering from cancer. I was crestfallen. I began to pray to Bhagavan. One night, I dozed off when, at around 10 p.m., Bhagavan appeared in my dream. He placed His fingers on the portion just above the affected eye and scratched once or twice. The dream ended. I felt assured that I would be healed but I did not mention about my dream to anyone. Curiously, the condition of my eye began to worsen. There was pain. It gradually increased. I did not like to go to the doctor who had earlier tested me because he was talking about cancer. Yet, my brother-in-law took me to him. When the doctor heard about the pain, he felt relieved. He seemed to have been more relieved than a patient healed. 'I asked you about pain' he said, 'but you did not say you had pain. Now the picture is clear. You have a very rare ailment called Toloso-Hunt Syndrome. It is curable'. He treated me. I was cured. I realized that Bhagavan, by scratching over my eye, had removed cancer and placed a curable ailment in its place.

After this, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam and had darshan of Bhagavan. I, then, went to have a look at the 'Thought for the Day' board. 'When it is necessary, one has to be punished also' the saying went on. Bhagavan did not cure me completely but replaced the cancer with a curable ailment because I had to go through my past karma. At that time, I was a smoker. Immediately, I gave up smoking.

We were on the look-out for a good alliance for my daughter Kalyani. We used to pray to Swami. One day I went to a marriage bureau. The person in-charge gave me a list of prospective bridegrooms. I saw a name Satish. In those days, I was told that Bhagavan used to name children. For many boys, He gave the name Satish. So that name attracted my attention. But the boy was in the USA. We were satisfied with the details given. 'How did you get these details' I asked the bureau-in-charge, 'did he advertise?'

'No.' he replied, 'he did not advertise. I am unable to remember how his name came to us.'

The alliance was settled only on internet without the bride and bridegroom meeting each other. He came to India on leave, and within 16 days the marriage was over. The marriage took place in March 2004. Both my daughter and son-in-law are in the US now. They rank among the few couples that come under the caption 'Made for each other'. They came together in wedlock only owing to Bhagavan's grace.'

-- Mr. C. Satya Prakash

   (As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 13.04.2006)